It’s time to show off your awesome badminton skills! The CRI Birdie Bash is set to take place on Tuesday, January 25 from 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. At the Birdie Bash,
basketball court 3 will be transformed into free play badminton courts. Racquets and birdies will be available for checkout at the Equipment Rental Center.
Here are some cool badminton facts:
– A birdie’s official name is a shuttlecock
– Badminton has been an Olympic Sport since 1992
– It has been recorded that a birdie can be smashed at over 200 mph
– In a typical 2-game match, a player runs approximately 1 mile
– Each game is played to 21 points, with players scoring a point whenever they win a rally regardless of whether they serve
Now check out this YouTube video I found. Think you can dominate the badminton court like professional English badminton player Anthony Clark?
CRI Till You Die!